Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gallagher Girls from a Fangirl Perspective

Sarah O., hereafter to be referred to as the Operative, has agreed to declassify a few of her personal journal entries and lists pertaining to the six book young adult series that was released to the public by known author Ally Carter. But be warned. The Operative has been known to refer to herself as a “fangirl" therefor what you are about to read should not be considered serious or pertinent to the world at large. 



Journal Entry #1 (excerpt)

…if I can’t turn back time to become a Gallagher Girl I wouldn’t mind becoming Mrs. Joe Solomon…

Journal Entry #3 (excerpt)
OMGOMGOMG! It’s so ON!!! I did not see that coming!…

Journal Entry #5 (excerpt)
…still crying. Feels! Why is it that the scenes that make me cry the most are the ones I just have to reread! So powerful. Why don’t I have the next book yet?...

Journal Entry #12 (excerpt)
…I’ve reread the 4th and 5th book. Then the first one, then the sixth… maybe I should just start at the beginning again…

Things The Operative has Leaned from Reading the Gallagher Girls Series
1. If James Bond ever disappears I’ll know to look for Bex.
2. Always keep your hidden passageways clean.
3. Never volunteer for Liz’s experiments.
4. There is no “Easy Translation” button for boys so just ask Macy.

Pro’s and Con’s to Reading/Owning the Gallagher Girls Books
Pro: There is a kick-ass Sisterhood
Con: The Operative didn’t get to go to school there
Pro: Getting to swoon over Zach and Mr. Solomon
Con: They have yet to receive human counterparts for extra swoonage.
Pro: You can finish a book in a day
Con: The Operative is a slow reader and it takes her the whole day
Pro: The series looks beautiful, and very nonthreatening, on the bookshelf
Con: All of the extra’s must be hidden away for lack of space on the bookshelf
Pro: The whole series is out
Con: The whole series is out 
Pro: It proves to be an excellent read/reread

Read Count
I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have to Kill You (2)
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (2)
Don’t Judge a Girl By Her Cover (2)
Only the Good Spy Young (3)
Classified Material (1)
Out of Sight, Out of Time (5)
Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (2)
United We Spy (3)
A Gallagher Wedding (2)

Gallagher Girls is a Must Read which means... YOU MUST READ IT! It's awesome, hilarious, and has the sexiest book boyfriends EVER!!! Fangirl out!

Ally Carter's Other YA Series
Heist Society
Embassy Row

No comments:

Post a Comment