Saturday, July 16, 2016

My HP Profile

 
Harry Potter Month is hosted by Faith at Geeky Zoo Girl and Micheline at Lunar Rainbows Reviews. This fun event runs throughout the month of July. Find out more about it here.

After seeing Lee and Faith's HP Profiles I had to join in on the fun. So, here it is: My HP Profile. Ta-da!

Name: Christina
Hogwarts House: Slytherin
Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie 
Year I Discovered HP: 2007, my sister decided she wanted to see what all the hype was about so she would read a book and then we'd watch the movie together which hooked me into the series. We read the entire series that year, went to a marathon which ended in the midnight premiere of OotP, and eventually went to the midnight release of Deathly Hallows. What a year to become a fan!
Number of Times I've Read the Series: I'm reading SS for the 10th time and I've read the rest of the series 8 times.
Last time I read the Series: 2014, I was taking a Tolkien and Rowling class. We were only supposed to read 1, 4, 6, and 7, but I'd never read the series out of order and I wasn't about to start so I breezed through the missing books in the free time that I didn't have.
Favorite Book: It's always changing, but right now I love Deathly Hallows the most.
Favorite Movie: I really love Deathly Hallows pt. 1. It's slow and atmospheric and it spends a lot of time on the characters.
Spell I'd Like to Use: Reparo. It would be nice to be able to mend a dish after I break it.
Quidditch Position: Beater. I'm not just saying that because I would get to hit people, when I played soccer I was defense, so being a Beater makes sense.
Pet I'd Like to Bring to Hogwarts: An Owl. Duh.
Class I'd Be Best At: I'm going to go with Charms. It sounds like a fun and creative class which would keep me interested. I'd say History of Magic if it wasn't taught by Professor Binns, but, seriously, how do you fire a ghost???
Class I'd Be Worst At: Transfiguration. It sounds very technical and stressful.
Favorite Hogwarts Hangout Spot: Under the tree by the lake.
Prefect or Prankster: I'd totally be a Prefect. I am (sadly) someone who follows rules.
Kiss, Marry, Avoid (Marauder's Edition): I'd kiss Sirius, marry Lupin, and avoid James.
*Yes, I know the game is supposed to be "Kiss, Marry, Kill", but I am a coward and I think James Potter has been killed enough.
                -Christina

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I couldn't agree more with your comment on James. I have an upcoming post whipped up too but I couldn't kill James OR Sirius or Lupin...poor James! Poor Marauders actually (except for Wormtail -duh) I love DH the most too and I also came into the series at around the same time you did^^ And the best thing about being a Beater would be hitting people for me LOL! Love your answers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky! I got into reading HP in 2001 and read the first four books in a week or two, but I never got to be at any midnight releases after that... I mean, there were three more books to go! But I'm not sure that we even had midnight releases in my country. And you took Tolkien and Rowling class - that's so cool! I'd love that. But in the absence of such classes, I've simply started introducing HP into my teaching and read and discuss the books and watch the films with my more advanced students. I have lots of fun, doing what I love, and sometimes scare my students with my profound knowledge of everything HP :D Great post! It was very interesting to learn more about another HP fellow fan)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor James is getting killed left and right, I like that you chose to just avoid him. haha! If I played Qudditch, I'd probably be a Keeper, or a Chaser. I'm pretty good at catching so that'd be good for either position, but coordinating and passing between teammate's is so important with Chasers, I think with a bit of practice, I could make a great Chaser. Sounds like you'd do well as a Beater, plus you get to whack those bludgers around! We'd be housemates as Ilvermorny! I'm loving these profiles, I get to learn so much about all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it'd be amazing to study Tolkien and Rowling. That's a class that I could have a lot of fun with. I'm with you. I'd have a hard time skipping books or reading out of order! 'An Owl...duh' <- priceless. I'd definitely want to have an owl around as well. I love that you changed it to 'avoid'. He has gone through an awful lot, it's nice to cut him a bit of a break. Don't feel too bad, I'd be a prefect as well. I'm a rule follower too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Prefect or Prankster question! It would be so much fun to be pranksters like Fred and George, but I'm a total Prefect-type, lol. I also love that you mentioned Reparo- it's a spell that I usually forget about, but it's one that I totally need in my life because I'm pretty clumsy, lol!

    ReplyDelete