Saturday, May 30, 2015

Top Ten Books We'd Like To See As a Movie/TV Show

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
MOVIE
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
This would be such a BEAUTIFUL movie! Well, now that I think about it, it would also be a very bloody movie, but still enjoyable! And it's a standalone which means that you don't have to watch 3 4 movies to get the entire story. I need this to be a movie!

Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Ridley Scott is doing this movie.... sometime. I don't know when but I do know that it's going to be AMAZING once it comes out! I love this book so much!
 
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Can you imagine how visually beautiful and creepy this movie would be? And the whole tone would be amazing. I've love to see the faerie world on screen. Also, I think it would be fine with just one movie since the book itself can standalone.

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
It would be so cute and funny! We need a YA book movie that won't make us cry.

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
This is such a great trilogy and I think it would make some awesome movies (even though I kinda hate watching zombies)! Then I could see Eleanor and Daniels relationship on the big screen as well! ;)

TV SHOW
Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter
I can see so much potential in this being a TV show because each book cover's one semester and there could be so much fun in-between the main story. On the other hand, I think this would make a great TV show post-books and follow the girls once they've already gotten their jobs. Either way, I need some Gallagher Girls TV!!!!!

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Movie format doesn't really work for this book, I'd love to see it stretched out into a series. The world is so vast, there are so many adventure that they could have. And after a while they could spin-off Bloodlines!

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Each book lasts a year, there are so many mini adventures that our beloved characters could have that lead up to the main plot of the novel. Also, there could be more time spent on characters like Seamus, Dean, Neville, and all of the Weasleys. I'm not saying that a TV series would be good right now, it's too soon after the movies. Maybe in another 20 years it would work.

Mind Games by Kiersten White
There's a lot that can be done with this story and also this world. I'd love to see it on the screen!

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
The books are so long and cover such a great period of time that I don't think this could be anything other than a TV show!

18 comments:

  1. I would love to see anything by Stiefvater adapted!

    http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-id-love-to-see-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even considered a Harry Potter television show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Wicked Lovely and Lunar chronicles both almost made my list too. check out mine. http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-id-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes to The Scorpio Races! I bet that'd be a fun one. And I keep on hearing such good things about The Fill in Boyfriend, but I still haven't read it. The Gallagher Girls would be fun, too.

    TTT @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, you've got some great choices! Something Strange and Deadly would be amazing! As you know, the Lunar Chronicles made my list this week too. Thank you for stopping by My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Harry Potter TV series. How did that slip my mind! I would give anything to watch it. Great picks!

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.in/2015/06/five-fantasy-books-id-like-to-see-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely agree with you on the Lunar Chronicles - they would make great TV!

    here's my list: http://bornandread.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesdays-books-as-tvmovies/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put Harry Potter for a TV Show on my list too :) There is just too much story to squish into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes for the Scorpio Races! It has to be done right, I am so protective of that book, but I would sell pieces of my soul to see that one on the screen! Love your choices!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something Strange and Deadly is a great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by the The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gallagher Girls!! I don't think I ever finished the series but I think it would make a great TV show :D. SO many of these are on my TBR list!! I think Wicked Lovely has been siting on my shelf the longest and now I want to pick it up!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Patty @ Bookish Wanderlove

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list!! I would love The Lunar Chronicles as a TV Show! I'd love to see Prince Kai and Cinder and Cress and Thorne. Just everyone! I didn't really like the Vampire Academy film, it wasn't terrible but it definitely could've been better. It would make a better show, I agree. I think that it would probably have to wait until after Vampire Diaries is finished haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went for the Scorpio races as well. It'd be fantastic to see Thisby on screen! (My TTT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think there is a possibility that there may be a Scorpio Races movie. I'd love to see how they would bring the water horses to life. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have so many books on here that I haven't read but have been meaning to. Ah, the Lunar Chronicles! They'd be so epic!

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! A Harry Potter show! I'd watch that any day. :)

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No WAY! Blood Red Road is really going to be a movie?!?! GAH, that is exciting! I do hope the final book is a little more exciting in movie form! Great list!!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Scorpio Races would be a great movie!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete