Monday, February 23, 2015

Top Ten Heroines from Books & TV



  Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Sarah's Top Five Favorite Book Heroines
 
Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
 I have always been a fan of Katniss. She is very protective of her family and loyal to her friends. She does what she feels needs to be done even if it kills her and she's very smart... except when it comes to boys. I think this makes a great heroine!

Saba (Blood Red Road)
Saba took me a while to warm up to but now I just love her character! She has her faults but she's strong and loyal. She tries so hard and and sometimes fall short but still gets right back up to fight.

Lia (The Kiss of Deception)
 Lia is amazing! She grows so much though this first book and though she's faced with hardships, assassins and betrayals she is still kicking and refuses to break.






Rosaline (Still Star-Crossed)
Rosaline is one tough lady and is determined to escape the war between the Montague's and Capulet's that has cost her so much. She's incredibly awesome and has quite the attitude!

Annabeth Chase (The Mark of Athena)
Annabeth's a warrior, a strategist, loyal friend and all around bad-ass character! Enough said.

Christina's Top Five Favorite TV Heroines
 Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Faith has been one of my all-time favorite characters since I first started watching Buffy. She's such an awesome character but at the same time she is seriously messed up in the head. Even when she's homicidal I always feel sorry for her.

Adele Dewitt (Dollhouse)
She is such a complex and interesting character. One of my favorite things about her (besides the fact that she's a cold-blooded bitch) is that she truely believes in the Dollhouse, it isn't a line. She believes that what they do helps people and she will do whatever she can to protect those under her care.

Kaylee Fry (Firefly)
Finally! A character who isn't a psychopath! Seriously, who doesn't love Kaylee? She is one of those characters that every time she's on screen she makes you smile. She is so incredibly sweet and I love how she contrasts all the hardened criminals on Serenity.

Veronica Mars (Veronica Mars)
The best thing about V Mars is her attitude. Even when dealing with dark subjects in the show she never fails to make you laugh AT LEAST once and episode just because of her awesomeness... and her taser.
Clarke Griffin (The 100)  
The thing that makes Clarke awesome is that she is intelligent. She knows what needs to be done and she makes sure it gets done. Another great thing about her is that she doesn't get caught up in teenage drama. Clarke is what pulled me into The 100 in the first place. She's a character that you can't help respecting, even if you don't agree with her.

9 comments:

  1. Katniss nearly made my list too. The only reason I don't love her that much is the love triangle. I really want to read The Kiss of Deception, I heard so many awesome things about it. I LOVE The 100 so much and Clarke is definitely one of those characters you can't help respecting. In the beginning I wasn't such a fan of her personality, though she grew on me since then, but I still respected her strength and how she tried to help the others.
    Awesome lists! :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katniss made my list this week too. I haven't read The Kiss of Deception yet, but I am really looking forward to reading it. Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling katniss will be on a lot of lists. I couldn't do it though. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm expecting a lot of strong, loyal characters like Katniss today, with some softer, more care-giver types thrown in. I think we all aspire to be both at different times. My list is pretty mixed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I love Annabeth and Katniss! And I REALLY want to read Blood Red Road but seriously I just keep putting it off and gaaah, I need to just throw my TBR and read it. *nods emphatically*
    I'd also like to try watching Veronica Mars. ;-) I looove mysteries.
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Katniss to pieces! Annabeth is a spectacular pick too, even though I have yet to read the Heroes of Olympus series - I do own the first book though (in my defence lol) and I plan to get to it soon :D I still need to read Blood Red Road though but that one's on the wishlist/tbr shelf - I've heard great things^^ Oh and I need to watch Firefly and The 100 too. Awesome picks ladies!!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh how on earth did I forget Lia?! She's absolutely brilliant and definitely one of my favorite heroines.

    Clarke is such a good choice! I'm behind on The 100 but I really love her as a character.

    Great list =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D:D Loooove this guys! Saba and Katniss and Annabeth!! <3 Unfortunately, I haven't read Kiss of Deception yet... But I'm sure I would agree with you if I did :) And a solid YES to all the ladies of TV too! I haven't watched The 100 yet though, but it seems like everyone is raving about Clarke! I like how you clearly value intelligence in your heroines :D

    ReplyDelete