Monday, February 2, 2015

Top 10 Fantasy & Classic Books We Want To Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Sarah’s Top 5 “Want to Read” Fantasy’s
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
I’ve had this book since December but since I’ve only been reading books for the North Texas Teen Book Festival and my library’s book club I’ve had to put it off. After the ending of Crown of Midnight I’m just dying to know what happens next!

The Exiled Queen/The Gray Wolf Throne/The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #2-#4) by Cinda Williams Chima
I finally got around to reading the first book last year and really enjoyed it. Sadly other books kept getting in the way of me finishing the series (also the need for a shorter book.lol). After I finish my North Texas reading these will be some of the first books I’ll read.

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch
I have been wanting to read this book ever since I heard about it, I even got it in from the library last month. But like everything else on the list so far it’s being put on hold until March.


The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson
I can’t believe I had put off this series for so long, it is AMAZING!!! I can’t wait to see how it ends!

The Winner’s Crime (Winner’s Trilogy #2) by Marie Rutkoski
Okay, so I know this isn’t out yet but I REALLY want to read it! I just reread the Winner’s Curse and can’t wait to find out what happens to these characters!!!


Christina’s Top 5 “Want To Read” Classic’s
Dracula by Bram Stoker
I love monster stories. I fell in love with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and went from there reading a bunch of YA monster books, and yet I still have not read Dracula. It is quite pathetic of me. So this is the highest on my list for this year.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
I really enjoyed the movie but I could tell that there was so much that was left out. I would like to see the whole story as Dickens told it. I tried reading it once during the week before finals week, I made it 90 pages in before I decided I was an idiot and gave it up.

Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
I just want to know what they’re talking about in Northanger Abbey! I’m also interested in gothic literature in general and want more knowledge of it.

Sandition by Jane Austen and Another Lady
A friend of mine said it was good, so I am willing to risk reading a novel only half written by my beloved Miss Jane Austen.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
I need to read it. It is shameful that I haven’t yet.

7 comments:

  1. Heir of Fire was one of the books I wanted to read too!
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay some one else who hasn't read Sherlock Holmes! I'm hoping to read them soon maybe in conjunction with the Sherlock show? Great Expectations is on my Classics Club list but I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I will read it though! The Winner's Trilogy looks so good and I've heard great things about the Throne of Glass series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heir of Fire! Oh definitely read it ASAP! It's a little slower paced that CoM, but it's every bit as amazing :D I need to read The Winners Curse and Snow Like Ashes! I've heard lots of good things about both, and I can't wait to read them :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to get my hands on an ARC of Winner's Crime and let me tell you, it's phenomenal. Like definitely get your hands on it like the day it comes out. Be ready to put other books aside for a devouring session.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read a couple of these books too LOL!! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday if you wanna check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I've read 4 out of the 5 books on your fantasy list, and my question is: WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE THOSE BOOKS ARE AMAZING!!! You need to get them immediately!! I haven't read Snow Like Ashes yet, but everyone seems to love that one as well. When you do get to those five books, I hope you love them!

    Christina, I have read zero of the books on you list XD I'm not really big on classics, but the ones I do read tend to be Jane Austen haha. I did start Sherlock Holmes, but I only read the first few stories. I tend to stick with the shows and movies. Good luck getting to all the classics on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winner's crime is such a good sequel, you'll love it!!

    My TTT: http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.it/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete