Monday, March 2, 2015

Top Ten All Time Favorite Books From the Past 3 Years

  Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So in the last three years we've read a ton of amazing books and it's going to be hard to narrow it down to five each but we'll try our best. Here are our Top Ten All Time Favorite Books From the Past 3 Years.

Sarah's Top 5
 Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter
I can't begin to describe how much I love this series. It's just so fun and yet has a darkness to it (mostly in the later books) that makes it such a fascinating read. And it has the best book guys (Zach and Joe Solomon) ever!

 Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub
This is set right after Romeo and Juliet but you don't need to have read the play to enjoy it (I've never read it.)The language is GORGEOUS and the characters are fun to read. I read this twice last year and can't wait to read it again or, better yet, get it on my shelf!

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson
I love this book! The characters, the format, the story, it all comes together to make one great novel not the mention the first book in a series! So much happened that it felt like more than one book! It's a must read.

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski
This book was such a surprise for me, I didn't think I'd care for it but boy was I wrong. The relationship between the two main characters was fascinating and moving and heartbreaking all at once and I completely respected them. I don't know why I don't have this on my shelf yet.

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Yet another book I didn't think I'd like but was blown away by. I actually just read this last week but it make such a great impression on me that I had to add it to this list. It had everything I love: awesome bickering MC and her cowboy, a good sister relationship, great cast of side characters, and an amazing story and plot. I can't get over this book, I love it so much!

Christina's Top 5
 Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer
I love fairytales, fairytale retellings, and sci-fi. This book combines all of the awesomeness in one book.

 Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
I have never fell in love with a series so quickly and passionately as I did with VA. I actually bought books 2, 3, & 5 from a used bookstore because I NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT! I read the entire series in less than a month. It has a badass heroine, evil vampires, plenty of violence and romance. I really need to reread it again.

 Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5) by Ally Carter
This is my favorite book in the series. It is so intense and emotional. I love it and I cry at all the same places when I reread it.

 The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin
This is one of the most psychologically creepy books that I have ever read. It constantly made me question what is true and what is hallucination, that is was makes it so terrifying.

 Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly #1) by Susan Dennard
A creepy and yet fun book with an awesome heroine and a great team of spirit-hunters.


What are some of your all-time favorite books from the last 3 years? Did any of ours make your list?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see The Kiss of Deception on your list! :-) I have yet to read it but I'm very much looking forward to it. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara Dyer :] Love that series :]

    Great list!

    My Top Ten :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to read The Kiss of Deception! The Winner's Curse and Cinder both made my list - they're such amazing fantastical books! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gallagher Girls! My most favorite series EVER! The last book had me bawling because it's over. But I love knowing I can revisit with a reread at any time! I've considered hosting a Gallagher readalong using Twitter because I'm in need of a reread and would love for some fellow Gallagher Girls to join me!

    JB from thegirlsinplaidskirts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vampire Academy is amazing. I read it over three years ago otherwise the series would be on my TT as well. Kiss of Deceptions is one I hope to read very soon.
    Here’s My TTT

    ReplyDelete