Thursday, September 11, 2014

HP MotW: Least Favorite Book (3)

Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a weekly meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts

          I hate to speak badly of any Harry Potter book, but The Goblet of Fire is the hardest book in the series for me to get through. It's strange because it used to be one of my favorite books the first couple of times that I went through the series, although I've always hated the movie. I feel like all the Voldemort scenes, while necessary, are not very enjoyable to read. I get kinda bored during the first scene and the last battle (I feel so guilty!). Then add the whole school turning against Harry, plus Ron acting jealous, and it doesn't make for my favorite book. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great book. Even my least favorite Harry Potter book is above most mediocre books, but it's at this part in the series when I start slowing down.

          What's your least favorite book in the Harry Potter series?

          -Christina

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed GoF a lot, it's my 2nd favorite in the series. I has a lot of things that happen but I enjoyed it so much. I loved World Cup, then the tournament, and the final showdown with Voldemort because it changed the course of the last books so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole school turning against Harry was my main reason for picking CoS,so I definitely know what you mean there! This one's so different from all the others too with the Triwizard Tournament and the new tasks, no Quidditch...but with Voldemort getting his body back in this one, it feels like such a necessary evolution for the rest of the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand your reasons for picking GoF. I know most people love it, but it was never among my top books in the series. My least favorite was Chamber of Secrets. Check out my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely understand what you mean. I did hate when Ron acted like a complete idiot and couldn't understand the students issues with Harry! Frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the second person I've come across that chose GoF. Seeing your reasons, I get why you didn't like it, but those situation gave more character development which I love. I completely agree with you, even my least favorite Harry Potter book is far above a mediocre book.

    ReplyDelete