Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top 10 Books on my Winter TBR

 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Christina's Pick:
1. Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #1) by Susan Dennard
Sarah just finished reading it so I'm going to try and get through it tomorrow. Wish me luck! 

2. The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins
I love Wilkie Collins, but his books are really hard to track down if they are not named Woman in White or Moonstone. My dad saw this at our local bookstore and I just had to buy it. 

3. The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
I need this NOW! I'm hoping to read it before the end of the year so I can say I read all of them in 2014, but right now it's not looking possible. 

4. Sanditon by Jane Austen
This is one of her unfinished novels. My friend and Sarah and I have been meaning to read it at the same time, but we just haven't had the time. Hopefully we will over Christmas break.

5. Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan
I need to read it. I need to finish it all and get closure, but overall I'm just feeling dread. This series had gone so far from the original Percy Jackson series, and not in a good way. But I'm going to finish it, darn it!

Sarah's Pick
 The list just counts my TBR list from now through January.
1. All Fall Down (Embassy Row #1) by Ally Carter
This is my Most Anticipated book right now and with the new release date it comes out 5 days before my birthday!!! I love Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series and have extremely high hopes for this one! January cannot get here fast enough! 

2. The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms #2) by Cinda Williams Chima
I finally got around to starting this series a couple months ago and have the next two books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read! Can't wait to see more of Hans and Raisa's adventure!

3. The Heist (Fox and O'Hare #) by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg
Ever since I read the summary, I knew I had to read this book. I love Janet Evanovich, my friend says it's awesome, and it's sitting on my shelf. Three great reasons for me to finally read it!

4. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
While I wasn't overly fond of Throne of Glass I do want to continue this series because there were many story-lines that I found intriguing and want to read more of.  

5. Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
I've been trying to read this book for years and still haven't gotten around to it. I have a paperback copy and an audiobook copy so it should be easy right? I loved The Moonstone by Collins and I want to read his other work but I'm going to read this one first, dang-it!

1 comment:

  1. Great lists :)
    I didn't like Throne of Glass so much, but now I'm addicted. The story gets better and better as the series goes on.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete