Monday, June 15, 2015

Top Ten Books On My Summer 2015 TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Christina's Pick


Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
After falling in love with a BBC show called Primeval and discovering that I actually like the Jurassic Park movie as well, I've come to realize that I'm a bit of a dinosaur nerd. I'm really hoping I like the book because it isn't my usual type, but I'm all for trying to find new books.

Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
The fact that it sounds a lot like Revenge makes me want to read it. The fact that Sarah really liked it means that I'm likely to read it soon.
 
The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
This is the only Brenna Yovanoff book I haven't read, and since I actually have it on my bookshelf, that needs to change.

The Shifter by Chris T. Acadian
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff. And it has amazing reviews on Goodreads.

Dracula by Bram Stoker
It's seriously embarrassing that I haven't read this yet. I heard someone present a paper on it at an undergraduate literature conference and realized that while I know vampire books, I don't know anything about the book Dracula. I'm sure I'm going to be surprised a lot when reading it.

Sarah's Pick
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
This is a book that I have been trying to read forever (and have even started it three times) but have yet to succeed. Maybe this summer.

The Falconer by Elizabeth May
Faeries, warriors, 1800's Scotland, yes please! This book sounds so awesome. I just recently got the audiobook so sometime this summer Christina and I plan to sit down with a craft project and listen to it.

Rook by Sharon Cameron
I just got this in from the library the other day and am really excited to read it! Ever since I've heard that it gives a nod to the Scarlet Pimpernel I have been highly anticipating it!

Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore
This is a companion novel to Texas Gothic which was one of my favorite reads this year. I just love the author's humor so I can't wait to see how this book is! 

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I've seen this around for years but have never really paid much attention to it until recently and now after reading the summary I'm wondering why I've waited this long!

12 comments:

  1. Dracula is really great! I actually listened to it on audiobook while driving between my apartment at school and my parents house, and it actually freaked me out a couple of times while I was listening to it and driving in the dark! Plus the themes and symbols in the book are great. I haven't read The Darkest Minds yet either, but I own the first two boos. I need to get to them soon!
    Mallory @ The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been wanting to read Jurassic Park and Dracula for a very, very long time. I'm just worried they'll be boring. But I mean, dinosaurs and vampires...surely that's enough to get through, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fantastic choices. These books look action packed! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Dracula! I usually don't like scary books but thankfully Dracula wasn't too bad but it was very good and suspenseful! I'd like to read "The Woman in White" one day. And Jurassic Park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Darkest Minds is such a wonderful book, I highly recommend it. Also Dracula is a must because it is one of the better classics in my opinion. Here is my TTT: http://thepetitebookworm.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-my-summer-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic list!
    I personally quite enjoyed the version of Dracula that i read, different then most people think, but still very good. I hope you will enjoy that one.

    I have "The Woman in White" only my TBR list as well but i have the same problem you listed. I pick it up start it and for some reason i never get very far in it. I don't plan to read it this summer. It is a too daunting of a task for me for this summer. I do wish you luck with that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Darkest Minds, The Falconer, Daughter of Deep Silence AND Dracula too XD I also seriously need to read Brenna Yovanoff. Gah, so many books, so little time! Good luck with all the books on your Summer tbr ladies^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list. I also need to read Jurassic Park and Dracula. I hope you enjoy them all.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg I LOVE that you put Jurassic Park on your list, Christina!! Dino nerds FTW!! Michael Crichton's book was actually revolutionary because prior to the movie, the general population's view of dinosaurs were that they were just these dumb, slow lumbering animals. BTW, Jurassic World isn't as good as the original, but I still absolutely recommend it - it's a fun movie!

    The rest of these, I haven't read yet either! But I believe they are all on my tbr already so I am definitely curious about them. I'm hoping to see your guys' reviews for these so that I know what I need to prioritize on my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daughter of Deep Silence, that's definitely on my TBR! I also have to read Dracula one day - you're not the only one on the "I haven't read this yet" boat haha.

    Sarah, The Falconer and Rook are both interesting books, and I hope you enjoy them once you read them. I have yet to read The Darkest Minds; I've seen it at the library so many times but never picked it up. Now that the author's new book, Passenger, is coming out, I may have to check out her older books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's just talk about Primeval, okay? I freaking love that show and I never find anyone else who has watched it! I need to geekout with you about it. Conner is my favorite character of all time. Haha! I recently read Jurassic Park and I enjoyed it. I need to read The Lost World at some point. I have it on my shelf waiting for me.

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jurassic Park is definitely on my TBR list, and I've also got another book by Crichton (Prey), though I've not got around to it yet. A friend of mine read The Darkest Minds recently and absolutely raved about it - she binged the three books even though that's not her usual style, so it definitely sounds good!

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete