Thursday, June 12, 2014

Feature and Follow (1)

This is a meme hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read.  It's a blog hop to help expand your readership.

This Weeks Question:


Armchair Travel! Tell us about your favorite book in a setting you’d like to visit (a real place for this question).

Christina's Answer: I adore Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. For the past couple of years around spring break I find myself being pulled towards it inexplicably despite not being a fan of contemporaries. This novel really paints a picture of what it’s like to be a foreigner in France: the struggle of not speaking the language, the beauty of the landmarks, the difference in the culture. I love experiencing Paris through the pages of this book.

Sarah's Answer: Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter is one of my favorite books right now. I have read it four times in a four month period, something I NEVER do. One of the cool things about it is that the main character travels to Rome and Ireland. Two places I would very much like to see for their natural beauty, architecture and history. The character doesn’t spend much time there but the book makes it real easy to imagine the setting.
 

13 comments:

  1. Paris, Rome, and Ireland are all on my list of places I want to visit before I die. I love the culture and feel of all of these places and I hope I get to see them one day.

    ~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come and visit me here in Ireland :D. I hope you don't mind the rain!
    New follower.
    Have a great weekend! Amanda @ Go Book yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Rome as a choice yet. Great job on the originality :)
    Can't figure out how to follow so adding you both on Goodreads!!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely love to visit both Rome and Ireland!! I'm now following via Bloglovin'

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose Paris too! New follower on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rome and Paris both in Europe :)
    By the way, I'm a new follower
    Christine @ Bibliophilic Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too would love to visit the places you have chosen.

    New bloglovin follower ;-)

    Natalie @ Natalie Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris is quite a popular answer this week! Rome is a beautiful city, which I think I prefer to Paris, simple because there is an old building around every corner and I love how visible the history is! I'm a new GFC follower! Thanks for sharing :) Enjoy your weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be so incredibly awesome to visit Paris or Rome. I chose England as my choice because I'm a big harry potter fan. I'm a new follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ireland is on my list of places to go....especially for family heritage sake. :) Paris is top of my list right now, followed by England (London, Oxford). New follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds wonderful! I think it would be great to travel anywhere. I keep a list of all the really cool places, cities, tourist attractions, etc. when I read so that when I retire someday, I can travel and see them all. Wishful thinking!
    Followed via GFC
    Laura
    My FF: http://bit.ly/1lo5LmA

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been to Rome and its absolutely beautiful! You definitely need a whole week if you want to see everything they have in the city. And I've always wanted to go to Paris, I love me some French boys.
    New follower via GFC
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry it took so long to follow back!

    I haven't read either of these books, though I've wanted to. :)

    ReplyDelete