Thursday, June 26, 2014

Of Neptune (Syrena Legacy #3) by Anna Banks

Title: Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy #3)
Author: Anna Banks
Source: Library
Ratings: 3.5 Stars
Emma and Galen’s kingdom and their love is threatened by long-lost Syrena in the brilliant conclusion to Anna Banks bestselling trilogy.

Emma, half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.

Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean and the land-dwelling, freshwater Syrena. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love but their ocean kingdoms.

In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever. -Summary from Goodreads

Sarah’s Review

            Ohmyfreakingosh! Another end to a great series is here and, while I can’t say it was my favorite of the series, ohmysweetness it was delightful!


One of the things I love most about this series is it’s quirkiness in both the language and the characters. While there is some serious action and subjects covered the author was still able to keep the lightheartedness that was in her previous two books. Something that I also loved was how Emma and Galen wanted to stay true to their plan of waiting until they were mated to do any of the real fun stuff. You don’t see that in most books and I love that the author put it in.


The book pulled me in right at the beginning when the Poseidon King tells Emma about a mysterious town called Neptune that she should check out but doesn’t tell her why. I felt it lost some steam, however, in the middle. Many of the side characters I loved from the previous books weren’t there and the two main characters seem to spend a lot of time apart. I missed a lot of the bickering that was ever present in the earlier books and Emma telling Galen where he could go stick his fin. The new guy Reed was cool half the time but other times he appeared almost stalkery. Although I blame that on him being a Syrena (half-breed) male who just needs someone like Emma to give him a whack on the head every now and then.


Despite all that the last quarter of the book makes up for most of that. It’s a great ending and the epilogue is so sweet it’s like eating candy!

Christina’s Review

            Many people were surprised when they heard there was going to be a 3rd book because it seemed like everything was tied up at the end of the 2nd one, but overall I am happy that this book ended the series. At first I wasn’t so sure, I was having trouble getting into the book and was skeptical, but eventually it pulled me in despite my less than enthusiastic attitude.


This book had plenty of drama ana made you question what the truth is and who is on which side. It also includes a love triangle, which I was a bit annoyed with, but it wasn’t that bad.


One of the best things about this series is how I’ll be reading it and everything is normal and then one of the characters will say something so strange it will make me laugh. Emma is such a fun character who can make any reader laugh and is so awkward it’s relatable. This was far from my favorite book in the series, but it was the perfect end to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment