Thursday, July 24, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (1): Best Ron Moment

Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a weekly meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts

     This weeks topic is best Ron moment. I knew which moment I wanted to use, I knew which book it was in, I went through the possible pages three times last night and I still couldn't find it! Then I googled it this morning and someone had helpfully put up the page number I needed.

     My favorite Ron moment is from The Half-Blood Prince when they are in Defense Against the Dark Arts class and Snape asks Harry how to tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost. Harry struggles to answer, Snape is sarcastic... and then there's Ron.
"Well, what Harry said is more useful if we're trying to tell them apart!" said Ron. "When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?'" - Ch 21, pg. 460
     That is one of my favorite Ron quotes, it always makes me laugh.
              
               -Christina

4 comments:

  1. Ahahahahaha awesome pick! I totally forgot about this but now I remember it and I laugh at this every time I see it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha oh my, I can not believe I forgot about that moment! Ron always has the funniest sarcastic lines! ''Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul'' LOL ahh, that was awesome, fantastic pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people picked moments when Ron was bravely admitting his mistakes or making sacrifices or stick up for someone - and I love all those moments - but I think we sometimes forgot just how funny Ron can be. He's got a great sense of humor and this scene is a perfect example of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA omg yes! So much yes! I adore Ron's snarky comments! Same as when they're attempting to read tea cups :D

    ReplyDelete