Monday, July 14, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Movies and TV shows (3)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Sarah’s Top 10 Movies (In no particular order.)
1. Much Ado About Nothing (2012)
I have never loved Shakespeare so much. Joss Whedon's Much Ado is amazing, I could understand the characters, their actions and emotions were believable, and I just love all the actors because I've seen most of them on other things. A must see movie for any Shakespeare fan or Whedonite.
2. The Boondock Saints
I really didn't think I'd like this movie. But then before I realized it I had watched it ten times in a week. I love the brothers.  
3. Pride and Prejudice (2005)
P&P was my first intro into Jane Austen and the only reason I read the book was because I heard this movie was coming out and I wanted to read it before I saw it. Kiera Knightley is Elizabeth Bennet. I love this movie so much because it feels so real, lively, and believable.
4. Star Wars Original Trilogy
Do I really need to explain this? 
5. You’ve Got Mail
The main character owns a bookshop. LOVE! This is one of my favorite romantic comedy's. Their path to love is just amazing!
6. The Avengers
A superhero movie done by Joss Whedon. Enough said.
7. Casablanca
 I didn't truly appreciate this movie until I was older but it is one of the few old time black and white movies that I own. I love Rick and the side characters totally make this movie.
8. Pirates of The Caribbean
JACK SPARROW!!!!lol Also Elizabeth Swan is one of my all time favorite female characters. Pirate!
9. Tangled
If I hadn't loved Aladdin for the past 20+ years, this would totally be my favorite Disney movie! Great songs, awesome characters and a well done story. This movie has everything!
10. The Fiddler on the Roof
Awesome movie if you can take the three hours to watch it. I love the music and historical setting. And I always find it amusing watching Tevye shimmy.lol

Christina’s Top 10 TV Shows
1. Dollhouse
This show will always have a special place in my heart because it taught me what character development is. I feel like this show is a study in ethics, philosophy, and psychology. Common questions brought up in the show are: What is a soul, and can it be erased? Can a human really sign away their freedom, or is freedom a right? Can a soul be built upon a blank slate? Is the Dollhouse a blessing or a curse? The show is deep, man. I'd love to write a couple of essays on it.
2. Firefly
Every now and then I'll watch the whole series (it's only 14 episodes) in order and just fall in love with Serenity, the characters, and the world. This show is a masterpiece.
3. Doctor Who
This is just a fun, quirky show that likes to, on occasion, rip my heart out, stomp on it, and then step back and laugh. That being said, it is worth it..
4. Primeval
Dinosaurs coming through a portal and wreaking havoc throughout modern day England. What's not to like? I know it sounds dorky, it is sometimes, but you have to give it a chance to understand the awesomeness. I love all the characters on this show. I wish it hadn't been canceled.
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
This is the show that shaped my taste of books and movies into what it is today. I was a huge wuss before, I cried through anything scary. I was always told to keep my eyes closed whenever one of the vampires had its "game face" on. During the episode Halloween I decided to keep my eyes open and I fell in love. I watched all 7 seasons, watched some Angel, and became a fan of Supernatural. I still don't like things that scare me, but there's not much that does anymore, so it's not a problem.
6. Person of Interest
 This is one complex mess of a show. It really is amazing how many things are connected. I can't wait for the next season to find out what happens next.
7. Haven
I just finished watching season one and I am in love. I love the creepiness of the show and the characters are awesome. I'm a little worried to see where season two takes us, but I'm sure it'll be weird and interesting.
8. Arrow
I wasn't so sure about this show at first, I almost stopped watching it at the beginning, but it's pretty darn amazing. I'm really looking forward to the next season.
9. Castle
This show is consistently good and fun. I've watched it from the beginning and although I don't watch it as faithfully anymore it still has a place in my heart.
10. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
This show takes a couple of episodes to flesh out the characters, but once it does it is awesome. I have come to care for all of the characters in AoS and just.... gosh. It's so great. I need the next season.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love You've Got Mail and Tangled. Both very cute films in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jack Sparrow, or more accurately, Johnny Depp.

    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've Got Mail...what a great movie! and I love Person of Interest and Castle, too! Great shows for different reasons.

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library--My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me I need to try Agents of Shield! I LOVE the Avengers movies so why not try the companion series?! I'm also a huge fan of Tangled. It got me addicted on Disney movies again. :) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agents of SHIELD has a different feel than the movies because the main characters are not superheroes. I like that they have to be more creative when dealing with someone with powers because they are no evenly matched.
      I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. I've stepped away from tv and movies for so long that I need some new recommendations. Thanks for sharing these. I'm taking notes today. Person of Interest sounds...interesting!

    And, since I'm not really in a position to recommend tv or movies, I decided to venture off on my own this week and post about mood-boosting books: Be-Happy Books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have so many of these in common, I didn't do movies as well as TV but I like most of the ones you listed such as tangled and the avengers! Great list. Visit my TTT? http://thereadingrose.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/top-ten-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally loving all the Joss Whedon love in your TV picks (not to mention The Avengers - BEST superhero movie EVAR!)!! I feel the same way about Buffy. It was definitely influential in my youth and really gave me a love for all things supernatural and really kick-ass heroines.

    And umm, okay how have I never heard of Primeval? Because I'm a total dinosaur/paleo fanatic!! I'm going to have to look into that one right away! And maybe take my Master's Student Paleo hat off and not over-analyze all the scientific inaccuracies that I'm sure are in abundance, and just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll watch anything done by Joss Whedon. Nobody creates characters better than him, in my opinion.
      You should definitely check Primeval out, all the episodes are on Youtube. If it makes you feel any better some of the episodes deal with futuristic creatures so you can't nit-pick those ;)
      When you check it out you need to tell me what you think of it. I don't know enough people who've seen Primeval.

      Delete
  8. Wow, I agree with you 100% on every single TV point you've made and that's not easy! Love your TV taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's impressive. You have good taste as well :)

      Delete