Saturday, July 5, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (1)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews which is about showing off new additions to your bookshelf.

This is the first time I've ever done Stacking the Shelves, but school is coming up in a month and a half so, naturally, I bought some books.

Here's the first group of my school books, I still have a few more to get plus 2 classes that haven't posted their book list yet. From left to right there's: How to Interpret Literature, Reading and Writing About Literature, 40 Short Stories, Scribner Anthology of Contemporary Short Fiction.

And since I'm buying school books I had to buy some books for myself. I got Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore, I remember this being a very fun book that reminded me of the Phantom Stallion books that I read when I was younger, with the addition of ghosts. Also, it's a standalone which adds to its appeal. Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff, this book is so amazing and haunting (pun intended) and I just really needed for it to be on my bookshelf. The last one is Planning Your Novel: Idea's and Structure by Janice Hardy of Fiction University, my sister and I love reading the writing advice on her blog so this was a must have. I want to use what's left of this summer to develop and outline a story idea I have so it'll be ready by NaNoWriMo. I've already flipped through it a bit and I know that getting this book was totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first Stacking the Shelves! You have a nice mix of academic books (yay!) and regular reading books (yay x 2!)

    Hope to see more of your StS in the future! :)

    Stacking the Shelves #39

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Stacking the Shelves! This can be lots of fun, hopping around seeing what everyone got. Paper Valentine looks good. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions. Hope to see you at the StS's of the future!

    ReplyDelete