Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (3)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
It's an oppressively hot and sticky morning in June when Sterling and her brother, Phin, have an argument that compels him to run into the town swamp -- the one that strikes fear in all the residents of Sticks, Louisiana. Phin doesn't return. Instead, a girl named Lenora May climbs out, and now Sterling is the only person in Sticks who remembers her brother ever existed.

Sterling needs to figure out what the swamp's done with her beloved brother and how Lenora May is connected to his disappearance -- and loner boy Heath Durham might be the only one who can help her.

This debut novel is full of atmosphere, twists and turns, and a swoon-worthy romance. -
Summary from Goodreads
I read a review that said this was a southern version of a faery changling story. Usually changlings are switched with young children, it'll be interesting to see this take on the legend. I always love stories about creepy faeries so I'm really looking forward to this. Plus, it involves siblings which adds to its appeal. I think this sounds like a really awesome and really dark read.

7 comments:

  1. I've seen this before, just not sure if it's for me. Hope you like it though!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has been grabbing my attention for a while now. Would love to read it soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read many about changelings anyway, so can't wait to read it!


    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, I got this one on Edelwiess. I cannot wait to start it.. but I have too. It seems like more of a spooky fall read anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower via bloglovin and twitter. I have this one and am looking forward to reading it. It looks like you are looking forward to this one. I really like reading about changelings.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about creepy I mean. What. it sounds insane, definitely adding to my TBR list. Great pick!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one around, I really want to read this one. It looks so creepy :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete